Modern Chassis Dynamics
ZF is developing and producing the chassis systems for many Automotive Manufacture with their brands Lemfoerder and TRW. This shows the large OE business what ZF is representing.
In this class you will learn a deep inside in ZF’s chassis technology.
The class will start with the foundations of chassis dynamics and with different axle systems like MacPherson and Multi-link suspension systems.
The participant will understand why the count of control arms is increasing in today’s vehicles and why Audi is choosing Multi link axle systems for their fleet. The instructor will explain the best way to repair this axle systems.
Electro-mechanical steering systems was the first step to autonomous driving and Volkswagen/Audi are equipped with this system since 2004.
The participant will learn the influence of these systems to the suspension system. Replacing, servicing and diagnostic of this system will be taught as well.
Driver assistance functions is in today’s Volkswagen/Audi’s more and more present and vehicles starting to see, think and act. The attendee will learn how to identify this systems and how assistance systems have an influence on the steering and brake system. At the end, the participant will learn how to perform a basic setting on radar systems.
After completing this training, the participant will be able to:
- Describe components within the suspension system
- Explain different chassis angles and angle settings
- Describe Kamm’s circle
- Differentiate between popular chassis systems
- Describe multi-link suspension system
- Explain toe in curve and proper settings of the toe in curve
- Identify electric steering systems
- Describe common failures related to the suspension in steering systems
- Identify proper wheel alignment
- Identify different driver assist functions and their operations
- Describe functions and impacts of radar and camera systems
- Show basic settings of radar and camera systems