As the number of Hybrid/EV vehicles continues to grow, so do service opportunities. Many shops have a long history of servicing traditional internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles and are faced with the challenges of learning new systems and components found on Hybrid/EVs. There are several critical care items that directly impact the performance, efficiency, and longevity of these vehicles. Educating your frontline will arm them with the necessary knowledge to positively influence your customers as another step toward shop loyalty and profitability. This course covers Hybrid/EV areas of routine maintenance, known areas of consultation & recommendations to avoid missed opportunities during service & parts supply targeted at Owners, Service & Parts Professionals as well as customer point of contact personnel.
- Expanding Service Offerings to Include Hybrid/EVs
- Broadening Your Shop’s Skill Set to Meet the Demand of Servicing Hybrid/EVs
- Multiple Configurations of HEV/EV Systems
- Periodic Maintenance Opportunities for Hybrid/EVs
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the Importance HV Safety & PPE
- Describe Basic Operation of 12 Volt and High Voltage Electric Systems Used on HEV/BEVs
- Describe Tire Service for HEV/BEVs
- Describe HEV/BEV Cooling System Service
- Explain HVAC Service for HEV/BEVs
- Recognize Opportunities to Sell Service Options to Maintain or Improve HEV/BEV Performance
- Identify ICE Service Opportunities for Hybrid Vehicles
Runtime = 1 hour 41 minutes
Credit Hours = 2.4
There are no reviews yet.