Part 1: CAN to CAN FD
In the first installment of our multi-part series on CAN FD, AVI’s Director of Training Tom Rayk does a quick review of CAN data, and then relates it to the new standard, CAN FD (Flexible Data).
Learn how CAN FD is superior when it comes to data communication. Hands-on demonstrations show how to repair the twisted-pair CAN and CAN FD wiring and how to perform proper resistance testing.
Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Describe What is CAN and CAN Specifications
- Explain the Differences Between CAN and CAN FD
- Understand How to Create Twisted-Pair Wiring
- Describe the Data Flow Parameters and Speeds of CAN/CAN FD
- Explain the Dominant and Recessive Bus Communications
- Understand Proper Resistance Testing of CAN/CAN FD
Runtime = 1 hour 6 minutes
Credit Hours = 1.75