The Air-Brake class will offer students an expanded view of the overall system. AVI instructor John Barclay will take the viewer on an exploration of the components in an air brake system. Training on components such as air compressors, relay valves, and brake chambers. The importance of proper adjustments and service will be stressed. Training on basic air line repairs, caging brake chambers, and diagnosing air leaks.
- Understand the operation of all Air-Brake components.
- Inspect a system for needed service items.
- Know how to evaluate and determine brake system concerns.
- Be able to diagnose air leaks.
- Understand basic tools needed to service air brake components.
Runtime = 47 minutes
Study hours = 1.0