The Ford 6.7 Power Stroke diesel engine is one of the most popular diesel engines in the world. This hands-on course with AVI instructor Tom Rayk covers the disassembly of the 6.7, along with some of the wear and tear issues to look for. In-depth discussions of different diagnostics procedures and scan tool tips are also discussed.
- Intermittent Failures
- Injector learn Offset
- Using a Borescope
- Upper Oil Pan & Components
- Cylinder Head Removal
- Exhaust Manifold, Turbocharger & Valve Cover Removal & Installation
- Scan Tool Relearn Procedures
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of a good diagnostic strategy for the engine and its various systems.
- Understand the importance of using Mode 06 misfire data in the diagnostic process.
- Explain the process of diagnostics using pattern failures.
- Define return pressure and injector learned offset and injector IQA codes.
- Describe how to properly use a Borescope in the diagnostic process.
- Understand how to disassemble the 6.7 Power Stroke engine properly, inspect visually, and interpret any damage.
- Explain how to reassemble the 6.7 Power Stroke engine properly, including proper timing.
- Describe proper maintenance procedures for the Power Stroke engine.
Runtime = 97 minutes
Credit Hours = 4
There are no reviews yet.