Instructor Ron Bilyeu details the similarities and differences between GM and Chrysler cylinder management systems (Ford doesn’t deactivate cylinders at this time). Ron discusses some of the problems encountered in each system and critical maintenance issues.
- Why did the manufacturers go to cylinder management in the first place?
- Related problems such as oil migration, misfires, compression issues and NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness).
- LSPI explained.
- The three types of GM cylinder management.
- Chrysler MDS and what can cause codes P3402, P3425, P3425 and P3450.
- Hardware and software cylinder management bypass solutions.
- Plus Ron’s secret bonus tip that will save you at least one hour of labor time.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe The Advantages and Disadvantages of Cylinder Management
- Define LSPI and What Can Cause It.
- Explain The Three Types of GM Cylinder Management
- Describe The Chrysler MDS System and Related Repair Issues
Runtime: 58 minutes