ZF 6HP Transmission
Fundamental facts about a torque converter will be taught. A torque converter is a fluid coupler. The participants will learn how the pumping wheel connects with the turbine wheel. The torque converter clutch and its tasks will be discussed. An explanation of a planetary gear set and why clutches and brakes are essential to it will be given. From this knowledge, participants will be better prepared for the diagnostic aspect of the training.
The participant will gain full working knowledge of the 6HP Transmission. Topics like torque flow, and shifting elements will be covered. The different applications of brakes and clutches in the mechatronic will be discussed. This will transition into the function of the pressure regulator and solenoid. The greatest take away from the presentation is that the audience understands how the transmission shifts and how to read the specific shifting matrix.
The presenter will explain what an adaptation is and how to read it with a general diagnostic tool. They will be taught what those values mean and how to identify a mechanical transmission fault, such as a burned clutch or hydraulic pressure loss. In addition, the Limp Home function and coding issues will be discussed. Internal shift and external transmission faults will be presented. Through the use of these learning methods, common errors can be quickly diagnosed.
After completing this training, the participant will be able to:
- List internal components of the 6HP transmission
- Describe the function of the torque converter and lock up clutch
- Identify the torque flow of all gears
- Describe differences between pressure regulators and solenoids
- Identify the different characteristics of pressure regulators
- Differentiate between mechatronic types
- Explain the shifting strategy of the ZF 6HP
- Analyze transmission adaptation values
- Explain an oil change service procedure
- Explain how to properly check the oil in the transmission
- Describe the common failure of the ZF 6HP