Volkswagen/Audi 6 speed DSG Transmission 02E DQ250 in Operation & Diagnostics
Fundamental facts about the double clutch will be taught. The participants will learn how this system is controlled by the Mechatronic and how to diagnose it.
An explanation of the gears and how the transmission shifts will be given. From this knowledge, participants will be better prepared for the diagnostic aspect of the training.
The participant will gain full working knowledge of the Volkswagen DSG Transmission. Topics like torque flow, and shifting elements will be covered. The mechatronic will be discussed in-depth. This will transition into the function of the pressure regulator and solenoid. The greatest take away from the presentation is that the audience understands how the transmission shifts and how to read the specific shifting matrix.
The presenter will explain what an adaptation is and how to read it with a general diagnostic tool. They will be taught what those values mean and how to identify a mechanical transmission fault, such as a burned clutch or hydraulic pressure loss. In addition, the Limp Home function and coding issues will be discussed. Internal shift and external transmission faults will be presented like faults from the dual mass flywheel. Through the use of these learning methods, common errors can be quickly diagnosed.
After completing this training, the participant will be able to:
- List internal components of the Volkswagen DSG transmission
- Describe the function of the double clutch
- Identify the torque flow of all gears
- Describe differences between pressure regulators and solenoids
- Understand the operation of the mechatronic
- Explain an oil change service procedure
- Explain how to properly check the oil in the transmission
- Describe the common failure of the DSG Transmission