ZF [pro]Tech Starts Membership Includes:
- Access to recorded technical training webinars
- Quarterly tech newsletter with industry product updates and tools for the trade
- Vehicle manufacturer service campaigns
- Online portal with access to all production information, training sessions, service information bulletins, films, catalogs and brochures, news, useful tips and much more
- Vehicle-specific installation instructions
- Online parts catalog
- Installation, product and troubleshooting hotline
- Nationwide full-day training classes (no evening program)
- Discounts on live training
ZF 8 HP Transmission Training Course:
This class will cover the 8 speed transmission technology for all listed manufactures and will start with the fundamental facts about torque converter technology. The torque converter is the biggest heat source as well as a large error source in an automatic transmission. The participant will learn different torque converter failures and how to diagnose this properly.
During the class, the participant will gain full working knowledge of this 8 Speed transmission. The greatest take away from the seminar is the understanding of how the transmission shifts and how to read the specific shifting matrix what is important for diagnostics.
One of the most important diagnostic information is the transmission adaptation. The participants will learn how to read and interpret the different values with a diagnostic tool. Additional topics covered are the Limp Home function and coding issues. The presented knowledge allows the participant to quickly diagnose common errors.
Nothing is finished without an oil change. The class will conclude with an overview of the transmission oil fill, the variety of different oil and filter change possibilities and the procedure how to evacuate the oil fill in the torque converter and to set the oil level correctly at the end.
After completing this training, the participant will be able to:
- List internal components of the ZF 8 Speed transmission
- Describe the function of the torque converter and lock up clutch
- Describe differences between pressure regulators and solenoids
- Explain the shifting strategy of the ZF 8 Speed
- Analyze transmission adaptation values
- Explain an oil change service procedure
- Explain how to properly check the oil in the transmission
- Describe the common failure of the ZF 8 Speed
Runtime: 2.75 hours