Unlimited seats for your students. *One location per purchase
- Instructors can assign courses and track & monitor student progress. Use for extra credit/extra help
- Students can watch courses, take and re-take tests as often as they like, print certificates of completion and create a resume-like portfolio to take with them when they graduate.
- Approved for NATEF/ASE Education Foundation CE Credits
AVI is an ASE Accredited training provider.
Please call @ (800) 718-7246 ext. 223
Future Firefighters need to be trained on the differences between these vehicles and their conventional counterparts, on the proper procedures for safely and addressing incidents involving natural gas, propane autogas, hydrogen, electric drive, ethanol and biofuel powered vehicles. This course is designed to educate future firefighters on the properties and procedures to follow when dealing with alternative fuel vehicles.
- List the key properties, characteristics, and functions of alternative fuels.
- Explain the operation of AFVs.
- Recognize AFV components.
- Identify the risks and hazards common to alternative fuel storage, including high-voltage batteries and high pressure gaseous fuel cylinders.
- Explain the major components of AFV fueling and charging systems.
- Describe AFV fueling and charging station safety systems.
- Identify the risks involved with the transport and handling of alternative fuels.
- List personal protective equipment necessary for firefighters when responding to an AFV incident.
- List the steps required to secure an AFV.
- List the steps for rescuing occupants from a damaged AFV.
- Demonstrate proper fire response to an alternative fuel fire.
- Demonstrate proper response to a gaseous fuel leak.
Runtime: 103 minutes
Manual Topics Cover:
- About the NAFTC
- Using this Course
- Why this Training is Important
- Overview of Alternative Fuels
- First Responder Procedures
- First Responder Procedures for Motorcycles & Scooters
- Supplemental Materials
- Deal with the Media