The Powerstroke 6.7L is a newer Ford diesel that is equipped with a Piezo-common rail fuel injection system, dual boost and variable vane turbocharger plus reverse flow cylinder heads.
A review of the engine and subsystems is mentioned on the following systems:
- Common rail injection system, injector and pump assembly
- Turbocharger/ wastegate equipped vs non wastegate equipped
- Cooling systems, primary and secondary/service
- PCM issues and use of wiring diagrams
- Use of scan tool, PIDS and data, wrench light issues.
- Aftertreatment and data
During this video presentation there will be visuals of the engine, the components and use of the scan tool. Diagnostic issues will be discussed. An example of a no start scenario will be shown using Ford service information. This will stress the need to use service information in repair and diagnosis.