ARCHIVED LIVESTREAM – Problems ranging from misfires to no-starts can be related to ignition coil problems. Getting a C.O.P. (Coil-On-Plug) diagnosis right the first time can be difficult if you don’t have every trick and tip at your disposal. In this 1-hour Delphi live cast training program, veteran Delphi instructor Dave Hobbs will bring you valuable information on:
- Using your wiring schematic to determine the kind of C.O.P. under scrutiny – internal coil driver, external coil driver and feedback circuit C.O.P.s (Toyota & Kia)
- Secondary and primary resistance tests, identifying carbon tracking
- Easy ways to use common and popular tools & equipment to diagnose C.O.P.s o
- DMM (Digital Multi Meter)
- Inductive amp clamps
- DSO (Digital Storage Oscilloscope) whether stand alone or built in your scanner
- C.O.P. inductive pick-ups that are inexpensive and easy to use
- Leveraging DTCs, Global OBD II and Mode $06 data to enhance your diagnostics.
- Tips and tricks on replacement procedures and estimating coil longevity.