ARCHIVED HD BROADCAST – This diagnostic program will help you to be at the top of your diagnostic game when it comes to battery and charging system testing. We’ll cover battery technology, proper battery charging and testing, BMS (Battery Management Systems) and those alternator ‘equivalents’ on Hybrid vehicles – DC-DC converters.
- Battery Disconnects – When to be concerned and what to do
- AGM vs. Conventional – It makes a BIG difference with battery chargers
- Hitting the Hybrid Curve Ball – Coping with DC-DC converters
- Battery Parasitic Draws – Easy way to determine WHEN to test / simple HOW to test
- Smart Charging Systems – Components that can fail & scan tool PIDs to watch
- Battery Management Systems – The importance of new battery registration!
- Understand the different battery technologies that a technician should be familiar with
- Describe the construction and voltages of an electric vehicle high-voltage battery
- Recall what a parasitic draw is and how to diagnose
- Discuss smart charging systems and their components
- Explain how battery management systems operate and their key components
- Outline battery disconnect systems
- Assess electric vehicle DC to DC converters