What do you need to know when performing diagnostics on a EURO vehicle? Making your job easier, learn to use the platform and engine designations to access the data information. Learn to use OBD2 code setting criteria to determine how a code sets and how to make sense of DIN wiring diagrams. What is the VW Data Blocks?
Why the EURO vehicles use Additive and Multiplicative instead of Long-Term and Short-Term Fuel Trim will be covered. Also, why sometimes you will need more than one scan tool.
- Scan Tool Types & Set-Up
- New Names to Learn
- Diagnostics Tips on the Big Three VAG/BMW/Mercedes Benz
- European vs. Domestic Fuel Trim
- DIN wiring diagrams
- The type of engine management systems (Bosch Siemens)
After completing this course, the participant will:
- Thoroughly understand the European approach to diagnostics and basic principles
- Understand VW Data Blocks
- Locate additional information to help to set up the scan tool for diagnostics