Using J2534 Hardware and Ford FJDS and FDRS software to generate Keys or Proximity Keys when All Keys are Lost.
This course provides the participant with an overview, as well as step by step instructions on utilizing OEM resources, specifically Ford Motorcraft Service FJDS and FDRS software to learn keys or Intelligent Keys when all keys or Intelligent Keys are lost for late model Ford Lincoln Mercury vehicles.
- The participant can successfully locate, download and install FJDS and FDRS software given necessary access.
- The participant can successfully initiate an NASTF SDRM D1 Form, collect required data for a Customer Authorization D1.
- The participant can execute a Key Code Lookup utilizing Motorcraftservices.com
- The participant can perform the necessary steps in the FJDS software application in order to learn a new key through Pats Functions.
- The participant can perform the necessary steps in the FDRS software application in order to learn a new proximity key through Pats function.
- The participant can complete a D1 transaction through NASTF SDRM in order to close out the transaction.
- The participant can troubleshoot various steps of the learn key procedure and communication process in order to resolve common issues.
Requirements to Complete Key Reprogramming:
- NASTF LSID
- J2534 Compatible Device and connectors
- Proper key or proximity (2 each if clearing and erasing)
- PC that meets the Motorcraft Services requirements.
- Key Machine capable of decoding Key Codes and cutting sidewinder style keys.
- Battery Maintainer or Clean Power Supply
Runtime: 49 minutes