Like it or not, turning cylinders off and on for fuel economy is here to stay. Instructor Ron Bilyeu explains how import cars handle this technology differently than most domestics. He also points out the differences in cylinder management among the imports, and what to look out for when troubleshooting these vehicles.
- The Mercedes approach to cylinder management and how to deal with Low Speed Pre-ignition issues
- Mitsubishi Modular Displacement discussion
- VW, Audi & Porsche ACT system
- Honda VCM system and why P0420 & P0430 codes appear sometimes
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe The Differences Between Import Cylinder Management Systems
- Explain The Mercedes Approach to Active Cylinder Management
- Define The Functionality Of The VW ACT system
- Explain The Honda VCM System
- Identify Important PIDs For VCM Service Procedure
Runtime: 36 minutes
There are no reviews yet.