LD-001 Power Up Your Power Stroke Skills – 6.0L
This presentation will cover the diagnosis and update information needed to repair issues found the Powerstroke 6.0L and subsystems. Information will include:
- Review of the high pressure oil system, leak checks and components
- Fuel system updates and issues found
- PCM connectors and common communication issues
- Fuel injector review. Diagnosis, engine oil issues. Causes for aeration
- Inspection of injector sleeves, issues found with coolant and diesel contamination
- Testing of the turbocharger, boost vs backpressure
- Engine oil pressure diagnosis and how it affects the ICP pressure
The course will include instruction using the IDS scan tool used by Ford. Various scenarios will be displayed to explain procedures and diagnostic information used.
LD-002 Power Up Your Power Stroke Skills – 6.4L
Powerstroke 6.4L was not used by Ford for many years. It was used from mid 2007 to 2010. The 6.4L brought about the use of the aftertreatment system and common rail injection.
Instruction will include diagnostic procedures related to:
- Common rail information and care
- Contamination and fuel injection pump review and diagnosis
- Fuel trim, analyzing fuel adjustments made by the PCM
- Turbocharger issues, oil and boost issues, a review of the dual turbos used.
- Piezo common rail injector operation and the inverse injector test
- Aftertreatment, a review on the Diesel Oxidation catalyst and Diesel Particulate Filter
- Cause for oil dilution and premature engine issues such as broken rocker arms.
The course will be using service information and give brief examples of typical tests and data (PIDS) used during diagnosis.
LD-003 Power Up Your Power Stroke Skills – 6.7L
The Powerstroke 6.7L is a newer Ford diesel that is equipped with a Piezo-common rail fuel injection system, dual boost and variable vane turbocharger plus reverse flow cylinder heads.
A review of the engine and subsystems is mentioned on the following systems:
- Common rail injection system, injector and pump assembly
- Turbocharger/ wastegate equipped vs non wastegate equipped
- Cooling systems, primary and secondary/service
- PCM issues and use of wiring diagrams
- Use of scan tool, PIDS and data, wrench light issues.
- Aftertreatment and data
- Example of a no start scenario will be shown using Ford service information. This will stress the need to use service information in repair and diagnosis.
LD-004 Duramax Diesel Diagnostics
Tony Salas presents a complete overview of the Duramax diesel engine and its components from a technicians point of view.
In this course, Tony provides tips you need to know on the cooling system, fuel rail injectors and the water pump. He gives you an overview of the electronic control module (ECM) and its relation to the fuel injection control module (FICM). He also covers fuel system operation and provides starting strategies. Tony also covers schematics of the CAN system and Class 2 data, OEM website information, scan tool diagnostics, trouble codes & expected results.
The class covers the LB7 and LLY and includes a manual that provides an overview of the air intake system, glow plug system, fuel system, emission system, engine management, scan tool control and sensor testing and wiring diagrams for all sub systems. It also provides scan tool charts of all typical PID values a list of recommended specialty tools with SAE part number and much more.
LD-005 Duramax Diesel Diagnostics Update
This course covers the changes on the Duramax 6.6L diesel from LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, and the new LGH, spanning 2001-2012. Tony Salas gives you an updated overview of these diesel engines.
This detailed program covers:
- Difference between the generations
- Common Rail Fuel Injector Operation
- Finding available Service Information
- Differences with Express Vans
- Express/Savanna Transmissions, Injectors
- Glow Plug Control Module
- Exhaust Aftertreatment System
- DPF Operations
- Selective Catalyst Reduction System (SCR)
- DEF Fluid
- Data Link Connector
- Programming with the Tech2
- Allison 1000
LD-006 Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L Issues and Review Of Operations
This class covers scan tool software to give you the information and diagnostic techniques you need to know on how to approach the diesel 6.7L and 5.9L engines. Also, a walk through of service information from dealer connect and tech authority and shows real world flashing of the Cummins 5.9 liter engine update. This class has what you need to know to get updated and working with the latest Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L Issues.
• Common Rail Injection Systems
• Turbocharger Systems
• Wastegate (found on the 5.9L)
• Variable Nozzle (found on the 6.7L)
• Emission Control Systems
• Close Crankcase Ventilation Systems
• Exhaust Gas Circulation Systems
• Service Information
• Scan tools available for diagnosing the 5.9L & 6.7L