- This event has passed.
ZF 8 Speed Automatic Transmission Diagnostics
June 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
German precision and technology for a large variety of international car manufactures. This class will cover the 8-speed transmission technology for all listed manufactures and will start with the functional explanation of the unit.
The greatest take away from the seminar is the understanding of how the transmission shifts and how to read the specific shifting matrix which is very important for proper diagnostics. The difference between Chrysler 845RE vs ZF 8HP will also be explained by the trainer.
One of the most important pieces of diagnostic information is the transmission adaptation. The participants will learn how to read and interpret the different values with a diagnostic tool. Additional topics covered include the limp home function and coding issues. The presented knowledge allows the participant to quickly diagnose common errors.
After completing this training, the participant will be able to:
- List internal components of the ZF 8-Speed transmission
- Explain the shifting strategy of the ZF 8-Speed
- Analyze transmission adaptation values
- Describe the common failure of the ZF 8-Speed
- List the difference between a ZF 8HP and 845RE
- Describe the function of the three-way torque converter and lock up clutch
Instructor: Fransisco Moreno
New monthly training on current critical topics, led by instructors from AVI’s unparalleled network of innovators and experts.
Don’t Miss This Training Event
LBT-399 Charging System Diagnostics Using The ATech #812c Board
- Through the Month of December
- Read Full Event Details