- This event has passed.
Light Duty Diesel Problems and Solutions w/ Jim Wilson (SMP)
May 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The diesel engine is a popular option when your customer needs to tow a trailer. This class will contain the latest information on common failures and solutions for light duty diesel engines used in pickup and vans. This class will include information on Cummins, Duramax, and Power Stroke. You will learn common failures and solutions for these engines.
In this class you will see diagnosis and component replacement performed on trucks from the field. Get ready to provide great service for your diesel customers. The goal of this class is to prepare the aftermarket technician for diagnosing and repairing common problems with light duty diesel trucks. During the class we will present tips and procedures that will enable the technician to diagnose these faults quickly and accurately.
• After completing this class, the technician will be able to:
• Explain combustion in a diesel engine
• Identify two common injection system types
• Understand the Duramax, Cummins, and Powerstroke fuel systems
• Diagnose EGR and turbocharger failures
• Identify SCR and DPF components and their operation
• Be aware of common fault
New monthly training on current critical topics, led by instructors from AVI’s unparalleled network of innovators and experts.
Don’t Miss This Training Event
LBT-361 European & Asian Cylinder Management
- Through the Month of May
- Read Full Event Details