- This event has passed.
EV Theory and Operation
June 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
JOIN US LIVE JUNE 15 @ 12:00-1:00 PM ET
FOR THIS PREMIERE LIVE EVENT!
AVI Instructor Tom Rayk will cover essential skills needed to work on EV and Hybrid vehicles.
Tom will hold a Q&A session at the end of the presentation to answer questions.
*Free registration through June 15th. Archived course access granted for users who attend live presentation.
As Electric Vehicles are becoming more and more common, fundamental operational and service procedures are needed by the automotive industry. This course with AVI instructor Tom Rayk covers theory, operation, and essential diagnostic concepts anyone working on hybrid or full electric vehicles must know.
- Differences between A/C and DC electricity
- Importance of correct meter use for safety and diagnostics
- Obvious and less than obvious EV safety procedures
- Components and circuits for AC to DC or DC to AC in a vehicle
- Diagnostic tool overview
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Be able to convey the differences between AC & DC electricity
- Identify the differences between AC & DC circuits
- Perform a DC voltage drop check
- Identify essential components in an EV system
- Describe how DC is inverted to 3 phase AC
- Perform safe testing of high voltage circuits
New monthly training on current critical topics, led by instructors from AVI's unparalleled network of innovators and experts.
Don’t Miss This Training Event
In Cylinder Pressure Diagnostics
- July 13th, 2022 12:00pm – 1:00pm ET
- Read Full Event Details